This release of Clonezilla live (2.4.6-25) includes minor enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/May/29).
- Linux kernel was updated to 4.5.4-1.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.88. Some segfault issues have been fixed.
- Add support for boot parameter ocs_preload*. It can be used to fetch tarall/zip/sh files from http(s), ftp, tftp, and local URL then extract to /opt/. Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling _at_ lkstevens wednet edu) for this idea and providing sample codes.
- Add package dos2unix.
- Add watch ocs-scan-disk for local block device in prep-ocsroot.
- Make ocs-install-grub work on Opensuse leap 42.
- Add an error routine to makeboot.bat and makeboot64.bat. Thanks to Robert Rubino.
- Add new program ocs-match-checksum to match checksum in the image and files in the block device.
- The new example file mdisks-checksum was added. It can be used to save or restore disk with checksum mechanism enabled. Especially for deploying multiple disks.
- An example gen-rec-iso was added. It could be used to create a recovery ISO directly from the machine by Clonezilla live.
- A new mechanism was added to inspect the files checksum in the partition. To use it, enable "-gmf" option in expert mode when saving an image and enable "-cmf" option when restoring image. For disk to disk clone, use "-cmf" option. Thanks to Scott Inglis (scottinglis _at_ me com) for this request.
- Failed to change the host name of MS Windows. Now use iproute2 to get MAC address and IP address info in ocs-chnthn-functions. Thanks to Richard Stanway for the patch. (https://github.com/stevenshiau/clonezilla/pull/22)
- Renaming live image extension to .tar when using tar. Thanks to minh hieu trinh for reporting this. (https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/bugs/251/)