This release of Clonezilla live (20160627-xenial) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Ubuntu Xenial repository (as of 2016/Jun/27).
- Linux kernel was updated to 4.4.0-24.43.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.89. A btrfs issue has been fixed.
- Cloudfuse was updated to 0.9+redbogit871a98f-drbl2, i.e. the version from redbo with patches from Am1GO. Thanks to maple52046 (maple52046 _at_ gmail com).
- Partclone-utils was updated to 0.4.1.
- When option "-k1" or "-k2" in the TUI is chosen, "-icds" is on automatically.
- Add "-batch" in the TUI for expert saving mode.
- Provide an option to mount image repository again when failing in ocs-live-repository. "ask_user" is a reserved name to be used as the Samba domain and account and SSHFS account in the URI so that user can input their own names. Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling _at_ lkstevens wednet edu) for these ideas.
- If failing to mount sshfs and samba server as image repository, clonezilla now asks if retrying.
- Use shorter name for fsck-related options, i.e. "-fsck-src-part" is replaced by "-fsck", and "-fsck-src-part-y" is replaced by "-fsck-y".
- Reuse the parsed partition info when detecting the data/swap/extended partitions. Thanks to starnavi for this suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/ba256b4b
- Add support for device /dev/nbd. Thanks to Mircea Dan for this suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Help/thread/d2d2a480/
- Boot parameter ocs_preload now supports mount command for nfs/cifs to preload files. E.g. ocs_preload="mount -t cifs //192.168.120.2/images/ /tmp/cifs -o user=administrator,password=yourpasswd" will preload files on cifs server to /opt/ in Clonezilla live environment.
- Add a mechanism so that image repository can be auto mounted with boot parameter ocs_repository in URI format, e.g. ocs_repository="dev:///dev/sdf1" or ocs_repository="smb://wa-domain;jack:email@example.com/images". Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling _at_ lkstevens wednet edu) for this idea.
- Live-boot was updated so that its toram parameter can be assigned as multiple modules (e.g. "live,syslinux")
- Add supporting for grub on EBR (Extended Boot Record) imaging and cloning. Thanks to Bill Wright (bill _at_ blug org) for reporting this issue.
- Failed to mount OpenStack swift image repository. Thanks to maple52046 (maple52046 _at_ gmail com) for reporting this issue.
- Failed to restore the boot loader on EBR (Extended Boot Record). Thanks to Bill Wright (bill _at_ blug org) for reporting this issue.
- MBR (executable code area) data should be restored even it's GPT disk. Some OS, e.g. ESXi 5.5 need that. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/30662778/