This release of Clonezilla live (20141208-utopic) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Ubuntu Utopic repository (as of 2014/Dec/08).
- Linux kernel was updated to 3.16.0-25.33.
- Package drbl was updated to 2.11.13-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.12.7-drbl1.
- Syslinux was updated to 6.03.
- Language files de_DE, ca_ES, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, ja_JP.UTF-8, tr_TR and sk_SK was updated. Thanks to Michael Vinzenz, Juan Ramón Martínez, René Mérou, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Gianfranco Gentili, Akira YOSHIYAMA, Volkan GEZER and Ondrej Dzivy Balucha.
- A mechanism was added to check if i386 library (libc6-i386 or glibc.i686) exists on x86-64 system when running makeboot.sh due to syslinux included in Clonezilla live is 32-bit.
- Linux kernel i486 was replaced by i586 because now only i586 kernel exists on Debian Sid repository.
- A better way to deal with --rsyncable option of gzip and pigz was implemented. (https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Open_discussion/thread/8d5f80a6/)
- Adding support for device name format like /dev/rd/c0d0 and /dev/ida/c0d0 RAID cards. (https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/e82e1c04/)
- Now Clonezilla could support PV on disk, not only on partition.
- Fake RAID/firmware RAID is now supported if its device naming style is /dev/md.
- The partition from an image could be now restored to different name device, e.g. sda1 could be restored to sdb5.
- Temporarily disabled vmfs3 and vmfs5 support due to an issue (https://github.com/glandium/vmfs-tools/issues/12). Now dd is used for vmfs. Now waiting for the updating of vmfs-tools.
- Options "-fsck-src-part" and ""-fsck-src-part-y" were duplicated in ocs-onthefly expert mode.
- The input harddrive of ocs-install-grub might be more than one, therefore ocs-install-grub should take that into consideration.
- Only device name /dev/mmcblk0p* worked. Those /dev/mmcblk[1-9]p* were not supported.