This release of Clonezilla live (20140114-saucy) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Ubuntu Saucy repository (as of 2014/Jan/14).
- Linux kernel was updated to 3.11.0-15.23.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.69.drbl1. Bugs about reiser4 and btrfs have been fixed.
- Syslinux was updated to 6.03-pre1. This should fix a boot issue on some BIOS machine, e.g. Acer Aspire One.
- Package drbl was updated to 2.7.18-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.9.10-drbl1.
- The output of blkid will be saved in the image dir as blkid.list.
- Packages bcache-tools and chntpw were added.
- Package pixz was added, and is used for parallel xz compression/decompression.
- A mechanism to convert image compression format was added. It can be used to convert the gz compression to xz compression, for example.
- Language files, it_IT, fr_FR, de_DE, andja_JP.UTF-8 were updated. Thanks to Gianfranco Gentili, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Michael Vinzenz, and Akira YOSHIYAMA.
- The code for restoring MBRs was extracted as a single program, ocs-restore-mbr, allowing it to be used more easily.
- The install_grub_hd function in ocs-functions was extracted as a program "ocs-install-grub" so that it's easier to be run separately.
- A bug where live-config failed to show eject info when rebooting or halting in upstart environments was fixed.
- Because the "ip=frommedia" boot parameter made Ubuntu-based Clonezilla live's vmlinuz boot slowly, it was replaced with "ip=", which is accepted by live-boot with same function and is shorter.
- When creating a recovery zip file, if an image is included it is not compressed.
- When a recovery ISO/zip file is created, Clonezilla now honors the original splash mechanism.